Thursday, November 19, 2009
Crispy ridges on the tortilla from the panini press add unique texture to this quesadilla that oozes melty cheese around pockets of fresh spinach and savory turkey. Brushing the tortilla with melted butter or oil before putting it in the panini press gives it an extra crunch and nice "grill" marks.
Turkey Spinach Quesadilla
1 whole wheat tortilla
1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
1/4 cup shredded turkey
1/2 cup raw baby spinach leaves
2 Tbsp melted butter or olive oil
sour cream, salsa, guacamole (optional)
1. Brush both sides of the tortilla with melted butter or oil. (Or just brush the outside)
2. Fill half of the tortilla with all the remaining ingredients, dispersing them evenly throughout. Fold over the other half to form a half moon.
3. Spray the panini press with nonstick spray and place folded tortilla with fillings on the press.
4. Press for 2-4 minutes, checking every minute until cheese is melted and tortilla is crispy or golden brown.
5. Serve with sour cream, salsa, or guacamole if desired.