Monday, November 30, 2009
It was delicious, except I went a little overboard on the cranberry sauce so some pockets of it were too sweet. Go light on the cranberry and it will match well with the savory chicken and cheese.
Chicken Cranberry Quesadilla
1 sundried tomato tortilla
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp basil infused olive oil
1/3 cup shredded cheese
1 grilled chicken breast, cut into chunks
1/4 cup broccoli floret tips
1/4 cup scallions
2 Tbsp chopped white onions
2 Tbsp cranberry sauce
1. Spread one side of tortilla with butter.
2. Flip tortilla over to non-buttered side and sprinkle 1/2 of the tortilla with cheese and drizzle on olive oil.
3. Top the cheese evenly with chicken, broccoli, scallions, and onions.
4. Spread the other half of the tortilla with cranberry sauce.
5. Fold in half and place on a 200 degree panini press. Cover and press for 5-7 minutes, until tortilla is crispy and cheese has melted.
6. Cut into 4 triangles.