Sunday, February 7, 2010
Turn a slice of rustic bread into a "pizza crostini" by spreading on some pasta sauce sprinkled with shredded cheese, melted on a panini grill (be careful that the top lid doesn't touch the cheese). Then top with anything you want! Turkey, tomato, broccoli, and black pepper are excellent. You can also do an over-easy egg on top to make it sublime.
Broccoli Cheese Turkey Crostini
1 slice Seven Stars bread
1 Tbsp pasta sauce
1 Tbsp shredded cheese
1 Tbsp broccoli, turkey, tomato medley
1 over-easy egg
1. Spread pasta sauce on the bread.
2. Sprinkle on the cheese and place the bread on a panini press.
3. Lower the top lid so it is 1 cm away from the top, and melt the cheese (this takes 5 minutes - be patient!)
4. Top with the broccoli, turkey, and tomato.
5. Sprinkle on black pepper.
6. Top with an over-easy egg, break the yolk, and devour.